|Source: J. Chavelah|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 1 hour||Total time: 1 1⁄2 hours|
This is one of my husband's favorites.
1. Without peeling, slice eggplant into 1/2-inch think slices.
2. Sprinkle slices with salt; let stand for 15-minutes.
3. Combine flour and pepper; coat eggplant slices in this flour mixture. Saute slices in 1/2 cup olive oil until golden brown.
4. Arrange eggplant in shallow baking pan and set aside.
5. Combine remaining olive oil, vinegar, chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped pimiento and stuffed olives. Mix well.
6. Pour mixture over eggplant slices; let marinade at least 1-hour in the refrigerator before serving. To serve, arrange eggplant slices and garnish with ripe olives.