|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 3 hours||Total time: 3 1⁄4 hours|
This is my all time favorite. Brisket with the sweet honey marinade.
Tip: The brisket and marinade can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance before baking.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine honey, mustard, garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, whisking to blend well.
2. Put the brisket in a plastic bag. Add the marinade, seal, and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
3. Remove brisket from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
4. Remove brisket from marinade (reserve marinade) and sear 3 minutes per side.
5. Pour marinade from plastic bag over brisket, add 3 cups beef broth, cover, and bake at 350°F for 3 hours or until tender.
6. Remove brisket to a cutting board and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing against the grain.
5. Transfer liquid to a saucepan. Skim off the fat. Reduce the liquid by boiling on medium-high, uncovered, until it coats the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over sliced brisket and serve.