Although Weinberg Village is not a medical or nursing facility, our mission is to assist residents in obtaining superior healthcare.ﾠ To help our residents enjoy our community as long as possible when more than minimal assistance is required, we are staffed by caring professionals to provide a higher level of aid called Extended Congregate Care. Under an individually tailored service plan, our licensed personnel can perform more involved and complex services that comprise this level of care.
What additional services are provided with an ECC license?
In addition to the standard license, Weinberg Village has an Extended Congregate Care (ECC) license. The ECC license is a specialty license that enables us to provide supportive services and care directly or through contract services in order to allow continued residency when a resident experiences changes in care needs.
The primary purpose of ECC services is to allow residents, as they become more impaired, the option of remaining in a familiar setting that they would otherwise be disqualified for based on the continued residency criteria. A facility licensed to provide ECC services may also admit an individual who exceeds the admission criteria for a facility with a standard license, if the individual is determined appropriate for admission to the ECC facility.
- Total help with bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Cueing and assistance for activities of daily living
- Frequent or regular nursing assessments
- Evaluation, measurement and recording of basic vital functions and weight
- Assistance with self-administered medications
- Medication administration and treatments with accordance to health care provider's order
- Supervision of residents with dementia and cognitive impairments
- Rehabilitative services – Physical, Occupational and Speech Theraphy