With more than 20 years of industry experience, Genesis Rehab Services (website link below) touches the lives of more than 80,000 patients per year through physical, occupational, and speech therapy. They provide rehabilitation services to Weinberg Village residents.
Mobility, pain management, and strengthening are just a few ways that Genesis Rehab Services physical therapists and physical therapist assistants improve the quality of life of our residents.
- Help a resident achieve independence with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and leisure activities by providing range of motion, strengthening, and functional training following joint replacement surgery.
- Help a resident with osteoporosis to be active and pain-free by developing safe and effective exercise programs to improve function and reduce the risk of fractures.
- Provide consultation, evaluation and intervention to prevent skin breakdown (and to heal wounds when breakdown occurs) so that a resident does not develop complications from immobilization.
- Assist a resident with a pulmonary diagnosis to better understand and manage the disease process through education, resources, and treatment strategies that can help him achieve the highest level of functional independence.
Giving residents the "skills for their changing life stages"... that's what our occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants do everyday.
- Helping a resident with low vision successfully navigate within the assisted living community.
- Providing a resident with a customized seating system to allow for participation in ADL and leisure activities.
- Developing strategies to assist a resident with dementia to maintain independence in self-care activities.
- In our respite program, addressing community re-integration skills for a resident transitioning to home.
The ability for human communication is one of the most important gifts a speech-language pathologist gives to our residents.
- Use treatment strategies, techniques and modalities to effectively manage a resident with dysphagia
- Address a resident's cognitive-linguistic deficits that result from neurological impairments and/or dementia so that he can effectively communicate and socialize with family, caregivers, and the community
- Help a resident with cognitive-linguistic deficits develop executive functioning and problem-solving skills
- Assist a resident with hearing loss in her ability to communicate within her living environment and as well as the community at-large
For more information please click here to visit genesisrehab.com.